Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Woke Up This Morning with ABS?

Less than 7 weeks to go and I am getting PUMPED!

Yesterday, I decided to omit fruit from my diet as a test just to see what would happen.  Instead of having berries on my oatmeal and my one apple before lunch, I put chocolate UMP and PB2 in my oatmeal and omitted the apple.  This morning I woke up and was shocked when I looked into the mirror.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  

Now it may not seem too impressive to most people, but if you've ever heard me complain about my physique my biggest complaint is that I gain fat in the stomach area, not the lower body like most women.  Some women think that's awesome because my legs are constantly lean.  However, if I do gain weight my body not only looks extremely out of proportion but fat gain in the abdominal region is linked to increased risk of coronary heart disease and diabetes.  So even if it is a small amount, seeing the definition in this region is a huge stride for me.

Throughout this prep, I have noticed not only difference in my physique, but also differences in my attitude.  More recently, I have just been happy and positive constantly.  I don't get stressed as easily and I don't yell quite as much as I used to.  This seems strange considering the diet limitations, but honestly, the diet is not so bad anymore.  I am used to the way I eat now and I think I am just getting excited about tackling the upcoming challenge of my show. 

Although I am concerned that I am not muscular enough or that my glutes and shoulders are just too small compared to most figure girls, these thoughts are not my focus.  My focus currently has shifted into realizing that I am pushing myself harder than I have ever pushed and doing something I never imagined I could achieve.  I am going to represent the best ME when I step on that stage and no matter what that looks like and what place it gets me, I am a winner.

Here's a relaxed photo - Once the diet gets a little more fierce I know that abdominal area will tighten up more.  Need to work on glutes and shoulders still.  Hitting those twice a week.

Just to leave you with something DELICIOUS.  Today I made some protein packed chocolate peanut butter pancakes.  Here's the recipe:

1 cup egg whites
1 scoop UMP chocolate protein powder (or other protein powder)
cinnamon to taste
nutmeg (optional)
Spray your pan with PAM, stir up the ingredients in a bowl and bake it like a pancake, flipping once.
Cover in 1 tbsp natural peanut butter or almond butter.
SO DELICIOUS and extremely low calorie, esp if you use almond butter rather than pb.  :)

That's all I've got for now.  More after this weekend at the Arnold and MWFF. 

I can't wait to have my friends and family cheering me on in less than 7 weeks.  Love you all and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Heather! You are looking SO RIPPED! You are totally right -- no matter what, you ARE A WINNER! You're such an inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete