Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Final Push

10. More. Days.

The past two days have been a struggle.  Cardio twice a day and trying to maintain heavy lifting is so hard when your diet is so limited.  I am getting excited that peak week is almost here and while I'm sure that will be a somewhat miserable time, it will also be an exciting time.  I don't mean to complain about something that I have decided to do, I just never realized it would be THIS difficult.

The past few months have been awesome and difficult all at once.  I am afraid that I may have missed out on many opportunities with friends that may only come around once in a lifetime.  My first year of grad school has turned into a year of being anti-social.  But, I have learned SO MUCH about myself.  And about my abilities.  If I can accomplish something like this, what can't I do with hard work and dedication?  This was a dream that I had that I never thought I would actually try and attempt to live out.  And here I am. Ten days out from an NPC Figure Competition.  All of the hard work and the healthy choices lead up to 10 days from now.  And I am ready.

I am currently an emotional, tired wreck. Last night I decided there was no way I could compete. I'm not muscular or lean enough.  Then I went to the gym for round #2 and after kicking my own butt, I was a believer again.  This morning I am trying to find the motivation to walk next door and start my workout.  I'll get there, and once I'm done I will be back to motivated Heather.  It's just getting there and getting through the workout that is hard at this point.  After that, I'm happy and feeling good.

I just have to keep the final goal in mind.  Ten more days.

2 comments:

  1. I find it completely amazing that you have done this! Most people couldn't do something like this for 2 days let alone 4 months. Regardless of how you do in the competition, you should be very proud to get to this point. After this, everything else in life should seem easy to you! You can accomplish anything now!! We wish you lots of care, love and prayers for a great competition! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippians 4:13

    ;) You've got this, girl! You have come SO far & are truly an inspiration. You are in my prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete