Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Results Are In!

Well... they have been for over a week now, I just haven't had a chance to post yet!

This competition was a crazy experience unlike any other.  It was one of the most difficult yet rewarding things I have ever attempted.  The week leading up to the show was extremely hard and I was constantly declaring how I would never do this again. However, I've always loved the stage and this was no different!  The experience was exhilarating and the whole process was fun - even the backstage waiting around and "pumping up" with over a hundred other competitors.

Here are a few photos from the show. Professional photos to come later:

8 AM - Getting ready to head to the venue!
 
 At the hotel before finals
Prejudging Photos





3rd Place!

My hubby and I with my award!

Third place in my first NPC show was a HUGE accomplishment!  It feels really good to know that my hard work paid off.  The long nights of research and the endless tilapia and green beans along with hours upon hours of heavy lifting and steady-state cardio were all worth it in the end.  I was also happy to have achieved this goal with the most natural diet possible.  Many competitors spend hundreds of dollars on supplements and I opted to try this my own way.  

So... I've been asked if I'm doing another show any time soon.  Although I am tempted to hop right back in, my current priorities are graduate school and work as well as gaining some financial stability and strengthening our fairly new marriage (just over 9 months!).  A good friend of mine is hoping to compete next year after she has her second child and right now I am planning on joining her.  Look out for me in summer 2013.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy a long off season and build some solid muscle!  I'll keep posting throughout it all.

Thank you to all my friends and family who came out and supported me - what an awesome group!  I love you all very much!  

No comments:

Post a Comment